Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tax Time!!!

Yes, It's tax time again. Of course, I waited till almost the last minute to file again this year. I hate tax time. I always end up frustrated, irritated, confused and generally feeling ripped off each year around this time. I hate all that paperwork!!! I also hate the fact that I pay out so much throughout the year and I hardly get anything back. It really sucks! This year the major problem is I can't find the tax return form for the city taxes. My husband said he has seen it laying around, however, I can't find it. He doesn't remember where he saw it and it wasn't with all the other tax return stuff. So now I have to hurry up and get another city return form and then hurry up and fill it out before the deadline comes. Boy do I have a migrane headache right about now. Tommorrow after work I get to balance the checkbook and pay the bills. Oh, happy day!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

You could always file for an extension. As for me, I've already received my tax returns.

11:48 PM, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried going online? It's pretty easy and quick and if you have a return coming it shows up in like a week.

12:35 AM, April 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my taxes, then had my parents check them. And due to the theft and all the holds on my accounts.. my parents paid my taxes. (I got raped and had to pay.)


I totally want to come snuggle Taco. I might try to smuggle him out though ahaha.

;D

1:12 AM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

I did my taxes early march but I'm still waiting for federal to give me my little bit of money!

8:46 AM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints said...
You could always file for an extension. As for me, I've already received my tax returns.

. . . No, then I'd just procrastinate more and wait til the last minute again.

~Laura~

5:28 PM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Dorky Dad said...
Have you tried going online? It's pretty easy and quick and if you have a return coming it shows up in like a week.

. . . No I haven't. I have a hard enough time with the forms in my hand. Figuring it out on the internet, given my internet experience, would be even more frustrating. It took me a couple of months just to learn how to pay my bills on line, and I'm still confused about that. But thanks for the advice.

~Laura~

5:31 PM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Cheri said... I totally want to come snuggle Taco. I might try to smuggle him out though ahaha.

. . . Somedays, I'd probably let you!!!

~Laura~

5:33 PM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
I did my taxes early march but I'm still waiting for federal to give me my little bit of money!

. . . Yeah, the EZ forms are pretty easy to figure out, but when you have to go long form, you'll understand more the stress I go through at tax time.

~Mom~

5:35 PM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Good luck with tax filing! I owe a little so will take my time filing. April 17 at the earliest. Maybe May 1.

3:17 PM, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik Donald France said...
Good luck with tax filing! I owe a little so will take my time filing. April 17 at the earliest. Maybe May 1.

. . . Well, at least I don't owe any taxes. Thank God for small favors!

~Laura~

4:51 PM, April 14, 2007  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Oh dear not TAX! I work editing Accountancy books and tac is the worst thing ever.

good luck my dear

8:58 AM, April 15, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

ShadowFalcon said...
Oh dear not TAX! I work editing Accountancy books and tac is the worst thing ever.

good luck my dear

. . . Tell me about it!!!

~Laura~

11:01 PM, April 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home