Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

A poem for our anniversary


This Sunday my husband and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Now I'm not much of a poet. As a matter of fact, I have only written 2 poems in my lifetime. One when my son's best friend died and this one which I wrote for my husband. So in honor of our anniversary, I am sharing this poem with all of you. It's short and mushy, but just bare with me.


My Husband, My Life

We've been together for many years,
With you I shared my hopes and fears.
You've seen me through good times and bad,
You gave me comfort when I was sad.
You made me laugh, filled my heart with joy.
You gave me a girl and two little boys.
I'd look at them and I'd see you,
In the little things they'd say and do.
And now they're grown, It's just us again,
I'll love you forever, Your my best friend.
And when we're old and our time is through,
I'll thank the Lord for a husband like you.

6 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Have a wonderful 30th Wedding Anniversary. The poem says it all. Your husband's a lucky man.

2:19 AM, March 31, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! That is awesome. And I agree with Jr. Your husband is lucky.

3:51 AM, March 31, 2007  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Laura, this is very sweet -- Happy 30th to you both!

9:03 PM, March 31, 2007  
Blogger Tim said...

Happy Anniversary!!

7:44 AM, April 01, 2007  
Blogger Kay Russ said...

I thought of you this morning and knew it was your anniversary. You always said that you got married on April Fools day because you were a fool. :) Happy Anniversary!

11:26 PM, April 01, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints, Dorky Dad, Erik Donald France, Tim, and Kay Russ. . .

Thank you all for the Anniversary Wishes. I just got to see the responses today because my posts had disappeared before I got a chance to read them, but thank God they're all back on my blogsite. We had a beautiful Anniversary day together.

~Laura~

7:55 PM, April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home