Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ramblings

Today I had the day off of work so I went to my best friend's house so we could work on our scrapbooking together. I've been really down lately, but that helped me to get out of my blue mood, at least for a while. I've also been reading a fiction novel that Sheila lent me entitled Twilight. It's pretty good and it helps to pass the time when I'm alone and keeps my mind off of all the problems of late. I don't read much fiction usually, but this book is holding my interest. I don't know, maybe I'll start reading more fiction. It's better to read about the problems of others than to sit and worry about my own real life issues. I used to read alot of fiction when I was Sheila's age, but for about the past ten years or so, I've mostly read true stories and informational books. Also alot of health books that reference illnesses and diseases that my residents come down with. I won't even have to buy any fiction novels to read because my Sheila has so many, she could open her own library. With this cold weather we've been experiencing lately, I'm spending alot more time indoors, and since there isn't much I care for on TV, reading fiction novels will be a good way for me to pass the time. I really don't like the freezing cold weather much and my bones don't either so I have to find things to do in the house.

16 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Laura,

I blame a lot of my depressed state on the weather -- good grief, it's cold! Hang in there -- spring is coming.

8:09 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Kay Russ said...

I like to do jigsaw puzzles when it's cold outside. I completed two of them over Christmas break.

10:48 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Tim said...

Hey Laura,
Sorry to hear you're feeling blue. I think a lot of people are ready for warmer weather to come and give them a little emotional boost. I know I sure am. I even started doing more housework to cope, and that's not a habit I want to continue. :)
Take care!

4:15 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

When I'm bummed I watch a lot of T.V. and eat a lot of candy...actually I think I do that regardless of my mood.

Hang in there--I hope things look up.

6:20 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Michelle's Spell said...
Laura,

I blame a lot of my depressed state on the weather -- good grief, it's cold! Hang in there -- spring is coming.

. . . Yeah, I hate winter weather. I can't wait until spring finally arrives.

~Laura~

7:50 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Kristin said...
I like to do jigsaw puzzles when it's cold outside. I completed two of them over Christmas break.

. . . I don't have any puzzles handy, but that sounds like a good thing to do when I'm stuck in the house.

~Laura~

7:53 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Tim said...
Hey Laura,
Sorry to hear you're feeling blue. I think a lot of people are ready for warmer weather to come and give them a little emotional boost. I know I sure am. I even started doing more housework to cope, and that's not a habit I want to continue. :)
Take care!

. . . Thanks. I have enough housework to do, it seems like it never ends, but that just gets me more depressed.

~Laura~

7:55 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Bird on a Wire said...
When I'm bummed I watch a lot of T.V. and eat a lot of candy...actually I think I do that regardless of my mood.

Hang in there--I hope things look up.

. . . I do that sometimes too. I'll put in a comedy dvd and eat some popcorn. It helps my mood, but not my waistline.

~Laura~

7:57 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I read a lot of fiction. It's called the New York Times. BAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!! I kill me.

(I actually don't think it's fiction; that was just a joke.)

Hope you feeling less blue. More pink.

12:53 AM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Steven said...

My mother has slowly gotten into the whole scrapbooking thing.

Reading? Not so much.

In fact, she still hasn't read MY book. ;)

Steve~

11:26 AM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Dorky Dad said...
I read a lot of fiction. It's called the New York Times. BAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!!! I kill me.

You can always get me to laugh. Thankyou.

~Laura~

4:26 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Steven Novak said...
My mother has slowly gotten into the whole scrapbooking thing.

Reading? Not so much.

In fact, she still hasn't read MY book. ;)


She hasn't read your book!!! Oh my God, if one of my kids wrote a book, I'd be buying up all kinds of copies and passing them out to everyone I know just to brag.

~Laura~

4:28 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Hey Laura,

Happy Groundhog Day. Spring is on the way! At least it is good reading weather. . . . .

5:11 PM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Tikilee said...

I'm with you on wanting to read more. I think the reason I read so many short stories is so I get the sense of accomplishment without reading a whole book. It's less time consuming to write and read.

Winter finally came, I see the cold as a necessity sometimes. I keeps us in doors and helps us reconnect with our self�s in different ways, things we wouldn't normally do during better conditions. It also makes us appreciate the warm weather too. We all need a little contrast in our lives.

3:53 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik Donald France said...
Hey Laura,

Happy Groundhog Day. Spring is on the way! At least it is good reading weather. . . . .

. . . You got that right! As cold as it has been lately, I'm not going out unless it's absolutely necessary. Thank God Sheila's got alot of books to keep me occuppied.

~Laura~

11:02 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Wichita-Lineman said...

Winter finally came, I see the cold as a necessity sometimes. I keeps us in doors and helps us reconnect with our self�s in different ways, things we wouldn't normally do during better conditions.

. . . Well, since I was stupid enough to take this week off of work, I'll have plenty of time to get things done around the house because it's too cold for me to do stuff outside, that's for sure.

~Laura~

11:08 PM, February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home