Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Another One!


So, on my 30th Anniversary, my oldest son and his wife and kids come over the house. This is the son that has the three girls (a 3 year old and 1 year old twins). They hand me a card. I open it up and read it. At the bottom it is signed, Love RickyII, Heather, Cassidy, Laurie, Deanna, and BABY # 4!!!! At first I thought this was an April Fool's Day joke, because my anniversary is April 1st. But my daughter-in-law shows me the paperwork for her to get her 1st ultra sound done and I realize that this is not a joke. My first thought is, "Are you out of your $#!$#%@# mind!!! Then fear sets in as I think, "Oh no, what if it's another set of twins or something"!!! Then when the shock starts wearing off, I congradulate them all the while thinking, "this is going to be 4 kids under 4 years old". She is due in November. Cassidy will be 4 December 30th and the twins will be 2 on December 28th. This will be my 6th grandchild before I even reach 50 years old on December 1st. I might as well put a sign up in front of the house that reads . . . Grandma's Day Care Center. Anyways, she finds out on April 14th if there is more than one baby in there this time. For their sake, I hope it's just one and I hope that it is the boy that my son is praying for. But in my nightmarish thoughts I keep thinking, it will probably be triplets this time and all girls!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I was thinking quintuplets! Still, a Diaper Genie will come in handy for making all those diaper sausages for the landfill. Congrats!

8:59 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger Kay Russ said...

What!? I can't believe they're expecting #4! I still can't imagine Ricky having any kids at all...let alone 3 girls. I still imagine him as an annoying teenager threatening to turn the power off and hit me and Sheila with his nunchuks during sleepovers. Congratulations!

12:01 AM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Gramdma's Daycare Center -- too funny :->

10:17 AM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

No kristin... he still does that! haha Yeah I can't believe they are having another one.

6:11 PM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints said...
I was thinking quintuplets!

. . . Oh my God!!! I hope not!

~Laura~

7:31 PM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Kay Russ said...
What!? I can't believe they're expecting #4! I still can't imagine Ricky having any kids at all...let alone 3 girls.

. . . I know! Those days seem like yesterday to me.

~Laura~

7:33 PM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik Donald France said...
Gramdma's Daycare Center -- too funny :->

. . . Sometimes that's what it feels like.

~Laura~

7:34 PM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
No kristin... he still does that! haha Yeah I can't believe they are having another one.

. . . Yeah, he's just a big kid himself. A big kid who has 4 kids. Funny.

~Laura~

7:37 PM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger Cheri said...

I hope that you enjoy your Easter with all your grandbabies and Sheila and the boys. =D

12:48 PM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Gorgeous picture! Happy Easter!

7:13 PM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Cheri said...
I hope that you enjoy your Easter with all your grandbabies and Sheila and the boys. =D

. . . Easter was great. Loud, but great.

~Laura~

9:54 PM, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Michelle's Spell said...
Gorgeous picture! Happy Easter!

. . . Thanks.

~Laura~

9:55 PM, April 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home