Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Back!!!


Hello Everyone, I'm back on line. The phone company finally fixed my phone, it only took two times out. Then the dsl guy came out and found out what was wrong with my internet connection. And guess what? I was right! The stupid phone guy messed with my internet wiring from outside by the box and that's why my service was interupted. I knew that's what happened, but everytime I talked to the phone company about the serviceman messing up my internet service, they would insist that the phone repair guy doesn't touch the internet wires. Well, not only did he touch them, but he rewired them into the phone wiring! On top of that, he disconnected the dsl house filter too. So much for they never touch the dsl wires. Anyways, I'm back and I am so happy that everything is fixed. Well, that's it for now. I got all my grandkids over tonight and as you can probably guess, I'm a little bit busy with them.

16 Comments:

Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Hey Good to have you back!!!!

8:04 AM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

I'm glad it all worked out! I hate troubles like that. Have fun with the grandkids!

9:18 AM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Pythia3 said...

Hello Laura - Welcome back! I tired to leave a comment yesterday, but I guess it didn't work!
Anyway, I totally understand your frustration! Women's intuition always prevails. I had the same problem with my car: I kept saying it seemed like some electrical problem and no man would listen! Well, guess what - I was right!
And so it goes . . . I once thought that all a women needed was a good mechanic and plumber, well, I had both and it's not true. We really need someone who will LISTEN to our instinctive advice! LOL

10:28 AM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Tim said...

Welcome back Laura!

6:14 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

I am so glad to have the internet up and running again! I may post my thoughts to all yet again! whoo hoo!

10:19 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

ShadowFalcon said...
Hey Good to have you back!!!!

. . . It's good to be back!!!

~Laura~

10:29 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Michelle's Spell said...
I'm glad it all worked out! I hate troubles like that. Have fun with the grandkids!

. . . Oh my God, with all five of them here at the same time it's like grandma's romper room!!!

~Laura~

10:30 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Pythia3 said...
And so it goes . . . I once thought that all a women needed was a good mechanic and plumber, well, I had both and it's not true. We really need someone who will LISTEN to our instinctive advice! LOL

. . . I know. No matter what I told those guys, they just wouldn't listen, but when I had my husband there when they came out, they listened to him. Funny thing was, he was saying the same thing that I said. Go figure.

~Laura~

10:33 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Tim said...
Welcome back Laura!

. . . Thanks, good to be back.

~Laura~

10:34 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
I am so glad to have the internet up and running again! I may post my thoughts to all yet again! whoo hoo!

. . . I know, you don't realise how important the internet is until you lose it for awhile.

~Laura~

10:35 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Thank God. Must have driven you a little crazy -- it would've me ;) Here's to good listening and good writing :->

11:48 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back.

So it only took them two times to fix your problem? Wow. You're lucky ...

12:26 AM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Helen said...

Glad that you got everything fixed!
Helen

1:35 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik Donald France said...
Thank God. Must have driven you a little crazy -- it would've me ;) Here's to good listening and good writing

. . . Yeah, I didn't miss the phone much, but I did miss having the internet alot.

2:48 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Dorky Dad said...
Welcome back.

So it only took them two times to fix your problem? Wow. You're lucky ...

. . . The trouble was, I couldn't get them to come back out quickly. Last Saturday, they said that they would be out between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. So I waited and waited and waited on my day off work, and by the way, my weekends off mean a great deal to me because I only get every other weekend off work, and the phone company repair person NEVER SHOWED UP!!! I was steaming. And the dsl repair people wouldn't even come out until the phone was repaired. So it wasn't the two times they came out that was the problem, it was the waiting, and the calling, and trying to get them back out here in the first place.

~Laura~

2:53 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Helen said...
Glad that you got everything fixed!
Helen

. . . Yeah, me too!!!

~Laura~

2:53 PM, January 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home