Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The phone company sucks!!!

For about the past week, we've been having trouble with our phone lines. We could make calls out, but when someone would try to call us, the phone would ring once, then stop. Nothing but dial tone. Well yesterday, The guy came out to fix the phone. We have the dsl through them too. He tells me to disconect the dsl, so I did, and he got the phone working again from that little box outside. He left right away, I connected my dsl back up and guess what, now that doesn't work. The thing just blinks red. I call the phone company back and tell them that the guy fixed the phone, but now I can't connect to the internet. Naturally, they said that's a different department and they don't deal with those problems. I told them that they were the ones that messed it up in the first place, but that didn't matter. I called the dsl department and naturally, they couldn't get anyone to come out on that day. I told them that was my only day off for the rest of the week, but I guess its just too bad for me, they refused to come out. So now I'm over my son's house using his computer to do some on line business and I thought I'd just leave this post to tell everyone that you probably won't be hearing from me for the rest of the week. I swear I felt like calling these people back and telling them to just cancel the phone service and the dsl, I was so mad.

6 Comments:

Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

That's awful, it seems phone companys all over the world are rubbish.

looking foward to your return
falcon

3:58 AM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

Weird! I'm having the same problem this morning. My phone rings once, then stops. It's getting on my nerves because I'm expecting a call.

11:09 AM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stupid phone company. I hate the phone company. I also hate the cable company. So I do everything I can to avoid using either of them. Unfortunately, I've failed thus far. But some day, Laura, I'll get there. I'll reach that goal.

12:00 AM, January 12, 2007  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Ahhh yes, service with a smile. Although most people think I'm crazy, I've kept things simple. No DSL for me. I can't believe nowadays that people would pay for televison programs, and more recently radio.

2:23 AM, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

I hate phone problems and finally went to just a cell phone because I went mad with the other line! Good luck getting everything cleared up!

9:39 AM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Helen said...

God, phone companies are useless! We get a lot of cold calls from ours, in the middle of the night and at other ridiculous times.
Hope you get everything fixed!
Helen

3:10 PM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home