Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Early Summer


I love the early part of the summer. The grass is green. The flowers are in bloom. No matter how hot it gets during the day, it still seems to cool down after the sun sets, which makes it perfect weather for sleeping. I've been pretty busy lately with work, gardening, doing errands, and also going to the chiropracter 3 times a week because of some problems with my spine. The spine in my neck area goes zigzigged instead of straight, which was causing alot of migraines due to the pressure of the nerves. The good thing is that since my second adjustment, the migraines, which I was getting almost daily, have subsided. Also, my lower spine is curved like a "C", which is not good news. They can only fix that about 50%. But I guess that's better than what it's like now. Today I went to see my friend, Betty. She just got back from three weeks in
Europe. Lucky her. She went to London, France, Italy and Switzerland. I've always wanted to go to Italy. I'd like to visit Vatican City, Venice, Tuscany, Rome and Sicily. I'll probably never get to go, but that would be my dream vacation. Betty brought me back a collector's plate, a bookmark, and a miraculous medal from the Vatican. That's probably the closest I'll ever get to my dream vacation, is getting the souvineers. She showed me all the stuff that she brought back from her travels except for her pictures, they are still getting developed. I can't wait to see them. From the sound of it, she had a wonderful time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Laura,

Hope you're feeling better soon! And your friend's vacation does sound wonderful -- I also would love to go to Italy and see the Vatican. Maybe at some point! Love the flower picture!

10:47 AM, June 10, 2007  
Blogger Helen said...

I wish it was summer here. I mean, technically, it is summer, but all we have is rain. I think it's this global warming - it's usually really sunny in England at this time of year. Hard to believe, I know.
After deleting my old blog,
(evenmoreshenanigans.blogspot.com)I have a new one! Go to
aviatorsandrainyengland.blogspot.com
Helen x

1:48 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

I'm with you the beginning of summer is fantastic :-)

3:59 AM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I do hope you get to enjoy your summer. Nice to see you posting again.

12:58 AM, June 29, 2007  
Blogger Pythia3 said...

We miss you, Laura! Hope all is well and hope you come back soon.
xo Pythia

2:04 PM, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home