Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The tests are in!!!

Hi everybody. The heart tests came back and as far as they can tell, my heart is alright!!! They also redid the breathing tests and this time, she made me stand up to breathe into the machine because she said that sitting can push on the diaphram and restrict my breathing. So I stood up and breathed as hard as I could into that stupid machine, and this time instead of having the lungs of a 120 year old non-smoking female, I the test said I have the lung funtion of a 78 year old non-smoking female!!! I am so relieved that my heart is ok, I just can't breathe good, and I can live with that. I have to quit smoking, do breathing exercises and stuff like that to get my lung funtion back to close to normal. The quiting smoking is the hard part. I did it when my Sheila was little and it was easy. This time, I've only been smoking for 7 years and I am having a real hard time with quiting. I can't get that new medicine they have out for quiting either because it will interfere with the medication that I currently take. So I'm hoping I can do it on my own. Maybe I'll just get that patch thing and see if that works. Wish me luck.

9 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey Laura, glad to hear that the ticker's in good working order. Guess you'll have to quit smoking though, and find some other vice.

9:51 PM, May 17, 2007  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Hey Laura great to have you back. Fantastic news about your heart :-) Good luck quiting smoking, its tough but I'm sure you'll get there.

2:48 AM, May 18, 2007  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Laura,

That's great about your tests! Good luck with the smoking -- I know it's tough!

9:02 AM, May 18, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints, ShadowFalcon, and Michelle's Spell . . .

Thanks for the well wishes. Quiting smoking is going to be a hard thing to do, but eventually, I'll do it. I hope!

~Laura~

9:40 PM, May 20, 2007  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Laura, thank God!!!!!! Good luck with the quitting. I'll be doing the same thing come July 4th ;)

2:47 PM, May 23, 2007  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

glad you're ok mom. but you should still quite smoking...

11:49 PM, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik Donald France said...
Laura, thank God!!!!!! Good luck with the quitting. I'll be doing the same thing come July 4th ;)

. . . Why July 4th?

~Laura~

9:05 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
glad you're ok mom. but you should still quite smoking...

I know, I know, I will. It's just not an easy thing to do, SheShe. Say prayers for me to give me strength.

~Mom~

9:10 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Independence Day ;)

12:23 PM, May 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home