Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Friends Till The End!!!


Today was a great day for me. I didn't have to work today, so I spent the entire day with my best friend of 42 years. We had lunch then afterwards we exchanged Christmas presents. (We always do it early because the last couple weeks before the holidays are quite busy for both of us) Then we sat by the fireplace relaxing for the afternoon with good wine and alot of great conversation. I love days like this. We have been best friends since we were both 7 years old. We went to school together, hung out together after school. She is godmother to all of my children. We still get together a couple times a month and spend the whole day together. In between our visits we talk on the phone, and boy can she talk. Everytime we're on the phone together, my kids will call and say, "Who were you on the phone with, Betty? Because I've been trying to call you for a couple of hours now!" They already know before they even ask the question because she is the only one I talk on the phone to like that. She is more like a sister to me than a friend, We've shared so many things. And all my kids call her Aunt Betty. Friends come in and out of your life, but this one came into mine at a very early age and has stayed my best friend for all of these years. We were best friends as kids, throughout are adult life, we'll be together when we're old and gray, until the day comes when one of us finally dies. Yep, friends til the end.

15 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I haven't seen some of my friends (I can count them on one hand) in over a year. I'm sure though, that if I give'em a call, we'd pick up our conversation right where we left off. Here's to friends--cheers!

12:35 AM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

42 years? Wow. I don't think I have any friends who I've known for 42 days. (OK, that is a slight exaggeration.)

12:40 AM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

I love my best friend too. You guys are luck to have one another, there is nothing like a real friend

3:35 AM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Laura,
Great picture! I love friendships like that -- they make life worth living and keep you grounded and sane in hard times.

10:23 AM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints said...
I haven't seen some of my friends (I can count them on one hand) in over a year. I'm sure though, that if I give'em a call, we'd pick up our conversation right where we left off.

. . . Yeah, I have some friends I haven't seen in a while too, but this friend and I go back so long, we're more like family than friends.

~Laura~

2:38 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Dorky Dad said...
42 years? Wow. I don't think I have any friends who I've known for 42 days.

. . . Well, we have known each other since we were 7. The way you phrased that, you make me feel like I'm older than dirt!

~Laura~

2:40 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

ShadowFalcon said...
I love my best friend too. You guys are luck to have one another, there is nothing like a real friend

. . . You got that right, I'd be lost without her.

~Laura~

2:41 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Michelle's Spell said...
Laura,
Great picture! I love friendships like that -- they make life worth living and keep you grounded and sane in hard times.

. . . Ain't that the truth!

~Laura~

2:42 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh, er ... (stammers) um ... (looks sheepish) uh ... I was only trying to make fun of myself. Just a little self-depreciating humor.

Actually, my wife has had a friend for roughly 30 years, and she is 34.

11:25 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

I've known betty for.... uh... my whole 22 years. She is a really great person but sometimes I can only take small doses of her hyperness! haha

11:56 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Steven said...

Wow...42 years?

That's a hell of a friend you've got there.

You're lucky.

Steve~

12:34 PM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
I've known betty for.... uh... my whole 22 years. She is a really great person but sometimes I can only take small doses of her hyperness! haha

. . . I know Sheila, but you have to remember, It's the head injury from back when she almost died in that accident. I'm just glad she's still around.

~Mom~

5:19 PM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Steven Novak said...
Wow...42 years?

That's a hell of a friend you've got there.

You're lucky.


. . . Yeah, I know it, like I say, friends come in and out of your life. We have been best friends since the age of 7. Nowadays, that's pretty rare.

~Laura~

5:21 PM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

42 years?! I've gotta commend you, that's outstanding.

9:39 PM, December 08, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Bird on a Wire

. . . Thanks, I think it's pretty great myself.

~Laura~

10:05 PM, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home