Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Everything has been so busy lately, I haven't had much time for writing. Between work, getting things done in time for Christmas, taking care of the grandkids and daily household chores, I haven't had much time for much else. I don't mind too much though. I love getting the house all decorated for Christmas and I look forward to having my whole family together at my house on Christmas day to celebrate with me. I just wish I had a bit more energy lately. I've been feeling a bit run down this past week or so. It's my own fault, I always tend to overdo for the holidays. I just can't help it. It makes me so happy. Tired, but happy. This year will be the twin's first Christmas and I can't hardly wait to see them open their presents on Christmas day. I just love having small children in the house on Christmas and this year, I'll have five grandkids to fuss over. I can hardly wait!

16 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

My Christmas experience has become a game of tug-of-war. I simply can not be at three or four places on Christmas day. My wife and I stay home, fix prime rib, and share it with my mother-in-law.

7:10 AM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain. We just hosted a Christmas party for The Family last night. I'm wiped.

10:57 AM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

Must be that time of year. Despite the stress, I hope your holidays are thoroughly enjoyable.

5:28 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Sweet post! I always plan to plan ahead, but rarely actually do either, so everything becomes hectic as we move closer to Christmas. Sleep sounds pretty good right around now. The law of supply and demand. Everything will get covered, though
:->

8:12 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Not long to go and it will all be worth it in the end :-)

4:38 AM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

Less than a week away! I hope everyone likes what I bought them, but I am more looking forward to playing boardgames with the family and sharing a nice dinner.

8:46 AM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Steven said...

I tend to UNDERdo things for the holidays.

Happiness makes me sad for some reason. ;)

Steve~

5:03 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints said...
My Christmas experience has become a game of tug-of-war. I simply can not be at three or four places on Christmas day

. . . I used to have to do that when the kids were little. Now we just go to my mother-in-law's on Christmas Eve to celebrate with my husbands family, and its my house on Christmas day with my side of the family.

~Laura~

10:28 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Dorky Dad said...
I feel your pain. We just hosted a Christmas party for The Family last night. I'm wiped.

. . . I'm usually wiped out before the party even gets started, but I get my second wind when all the kids come over the house.

~Laura~

10:29 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Bird on a Wire said...
Must be that time of year. Despite the stress, I hope your holidays are thoroughly enjoyable.

. . . They're always enjoyable. Exausting, but enjoyable.

~Laura~

10:31 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik Donald France said...
Sweet post! I always plan to plan ahead, but rarely actually do either, so everything becomes hectic as we move closer to Christmas

I know what you mean. That last week, all kinds of unexpected things come up to throw a monkey wrench in my plans.

~Laura~

10:34 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

ShadowFalcon said...
Not long to go and it will all be worth it in the end :-)

. . . Your right about that!!!

~Laura~

10:34 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
Less than a week away! I hope everyone likes what I bought them, but I am more looking forward to playing boardgames with the family and sharing a nice dinner.

. . . Don't worry, Uncle David will make sure that the games begin!

~Mom~

10:36 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Steven Novak said...
I tend to UNDERdo things for the holidays.

. . . Once in a while, I wish I had that problem, but I don't think that will ever happen for me at Christmastime.

~Laura~

10:37 PM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Helen said...

Mmm, Christmas does seem to be really hectic in the actual run up. But spending time with the family, that's a great part about Christmas.
Helen x

11:34 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Helen said...

. . . You are so right about the spending time with family part.

~Laura~

6:57 PM, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home