Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Christmas Quiz


I have been tagged by my wonderful daughter to do this Christmas quiz. However, I am not going to tag anyone else to do this quiz, so I guess it ends with me. And if anyone's interested, the picture with this post is me at 3 years old. So here goes with the quiz.

1.) Hot Chocolate or Egg nog?
Hot Chocolate for me please.

2.) Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa doesn't have time to wrap all those presents.

3.) Colored lights on Tree/House or White lights?
I love colored lights except for the icicles lights, those I like white.

4.) Do you hang mistletoe?
Not usually, I get enough kisses without it.

5.) When do you put your lights up?
Usually the 1st weekend in December.

6.) What is your favorite holiday dish?
The deviled eggs, I can get to those before it's time to eat the dinner!

7.) What is your favorite holiday memory?
Grandma's house and those pecan rolls she always made.

8.) When did you know the truth about Santa?
And what "truth" would that be. I still believe in Santa Claus.

9.) Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, and then more on Christmas Day.

10.) How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With colored lights, garland, and a mixture of home made ornaments and store bought bulbs. And contrary to what you may have heard, I would love to have help putting up the tree, but no one ever offers the help. (that last sentence is mainly for my Sheila)

11.) Snow, love it or dread it?
I love December snow, but after the 1st of January, it can all go away.

12.) Can you ice skate?
I prefer to rollar skate. I never did care much for ice skating.

13.) Do you remember your favorite gift?
I really don't remember much about the gifts I have gotten throughout the years. The thing I remember most is being with my family and having fun together.

14.) What's the most important thing on Christmas?
Being with family and eating all that food.

15.) What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Apple pie.

16.) What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
My brother passing out the gifts and me joking with him that he can't read the tags anymore and he should retire from playing santa and let someone younger take his place. Of course, it wouldn't be Christmas unless "Uncle Dave" passed out the presents, but I like to tease him.

17.) What tops your Christmas tree?
An angel.

18.) Which do you prefer, giving or recieving?
Mostly the giving, but I must say in all honesty, if I just watched everyone else open gifts and I didn't get anything I would problably feel pretty bad.

19.) What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Rockin Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee.

20.) Candy Canes . . . Yuck or Yum?
They are ok, but I'd rather have Chocolate Covered Cherries!!!

22 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you on the giving v. receiving part. Giving is great, but if you give and give and don't get back it gets pretty danged depressing.

I wonder if they make eggnog-flavored hot chocolate?

12:01 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Rocking around the christmas tree always makes me think od Home Alone!

Have a lovely holiday.

4:58 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

I'm with you -- chocolate covered cherries sound great about now. Happy Christmas!

9:58 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

Mmm...apple pie! Merry Christmas!

10:25 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Dorky Dad said...
I wonder if they make eggnog-flavored hot chocolate?

. . . Eggnog flavored hot chocolate!!! I think not.

~Laura~

11:16 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

ShadowFalcon said...
Rocking around the christmas tree always makes me think od Home Alone!

. . . I like that movie too.

~Laura~

11:17 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Michelle's Spell said...
I'm with you -- chocolate covered cherries sound great about now.

. . . I know, chocolate covered cherries are the best.

~Laura~

11:18 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Bird on a Wire said...
Mmm...apple pie! Merry Christmas

. . . With ice cream on top. Merry Christmas to you as well.

~Laura~

11:20 AM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Helen said...

Merry Christmas, Laura! I was in a Christmassy mood before I read this post, but now even more so.
I've never had eggnog. It's a funny word to say, though!
Helen

1:01 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

I do offer to help with the christmas tree but everytime I do you have to go behind me and rearrange everything so I stopped offering! hehe. Merry Christmas Mom!

2:51 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

What a cute picture!
Pecan rolls sound so yummy... especially fresh out of the oven. In fact, all the food you mention is making me hungry.
Merry Christmas!

3:23 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Helen said...
Merry Christmas, Laura! I was in a Christmassy mood before I read this post, but now even more so.

. . . Me too. I'm just taking a break from wrapping the Christmas presents and listening to Christmas music. I'm starting to get excited. And this year I don't have to work on Christmas day. Happy, Happy, joy, joy!!!

7:45 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
I do offer to help with the christmas tree but everytime I do you have to go behind me and rearrange everything so I stopped offering! hehe. Merry Christmas Mom!

. . . OK, your probably right, but I'll tell you what I'm going to do. Next year, the tree is all yours, do with it what you will and I promise, I won't touch it afterwards. However you decorate it, that is the way it will stay. How does that sound?

Love you,

~Mom~

7:47 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Tim said...
What a cute picture!
Pecan rolls sound so yummy... especially fresh out of the oven.

. . . Yes, Grandma's pecan rolls, I've never tasted better, and I suppose I never will.

~Laura~

7:49 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Lordy Laura, you were one cute little girl. LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS. When I look back at pictures of myself, you know what I see? A smarmy used car salesman with a plastic smile and lizard grin. I'm not proud.

10:54 PM, December 21, 2006  
Blogger Cheri said...

Merry Christmas Laura! You were an adorable kid and a beautiful woman!

=D

12:38 AM, December 25, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Merry Christmas, Laura! Hope you have a great day and new year!

9:32 AM, December 25, 2006  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Merry Christmas, Laura, hope y'all have a great time! Cheers' 'E

12:43 PM, December 25, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Stewart Sternberg said...
Lordy Laura, you were one cute little girl. LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS. When I look back at pictures of myself, you know what I see? A smarmy used car salesman with a plastic smile and lizard grin. I'm not proud.

Thank you, and I'm sure you were an adorable looking child.

~Laura~

11:23 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Cheri said...
Merry Christmas Laura! You were an adorable kid and a beautiful woman!


. . . Thanks Cheri, you are so sweet.

~Laura~

11:24 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Michelle's Spell said...
Merry Christmas, Laura! Hope you have a great day and new year!

. . . Thank you, I hope your Christmas was wonderful and hope the year to come brings you joy and happiness the whole year through.

~Laura~

11:26 AM, December 30, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik Donald France said...
Merry Christmas, Laura, hope y'all have a great time! Cheers' 'E

. . . Oh yes, Christmas was wonderful, but very busy. The last week in December is a busy time for me with Christmas and then the twins birthday on the 28th followed by my oldest granddaughter Cassidy's birthday on the 30th and my son's birthday on New Year's Eve. I get tired just thinking about it.

~Laura~

11:32 AM, December 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home