Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Laura's Day Off

Today was great. I'm so glad I didn't have to work today. For one thing, I needed the R&R and if I went in again today and that resident pulled his laundry crap on me again, I probably would have went off on him. That would not be good.
I got up and straightened up a little. Checked out some blogsites and then was off to my best friends house for lunch and an afternoon of scrapbooking. We've been friends since 2nd grade and we like to get together often just to talk and do stuff together. Well, during lunch I got to vent all my stresses that are currently going on in my life (who needs a therapist when you've got a best friend that always seems to know the right thing to say at the right moment). Usually she talks a mile a minute, but today, she knew that I needed to get some things out. So she let me vent and gave me the support I needed at the time. Then we went downstairs to our scrapping tables and got to work on that. The conversation became lighter as we showed each other the pages we've put together since the last time. It was calming a good time. After I got home, Sheila wanted to go with me to the gym and check it out. I had a free pass so she could get in. We stopped and had dinner on the way there, and then we did our workouts together. This was fun for me because I usually go to the gym alone. It was nice having her to talk to. She decided to get a membership there which makes me very happy because now occassionally, when are schedules don't conflict, we can go together. We talked and talked all evening and when we got home, she came into my room where I was folding some laundry and started showing me her book list. There are pages and pages of books and series and authors that she wants for her collection. I swear, when that girl moves out, she better have a house that has a library or study where she can keep her collection. This kid could probably open her own library. But it was a fun day. I think I really needed a day where nothing stressful happened and nothing went wrong. This was that day for me. It's like having Christmas early.

10 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I've never believed in therapists myself; but for some reason I keep thinking they might help me with my writing--you know getting it all out on paper.

12:35 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Gald you had a nice day off, after that horrid one you deserve it :-)

4:29 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

On my days off, I usually don't do a dang thing, and then I get depressed because I wasted a whole day. Good to see that some people stay active, even when they're not required to. Also, I'm happy to see that your day was better than the previous.

11:03 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

had a great time mom!

1:34 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints said...
I've never believed in therapists myself; but for some reason I keep thinking they might help me with my writing

. . . I know what you mean. I truly beleive that writing things down on paper is an exellent form of therapy.

~Laura~

1:54 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

ShadowFalcon said...
Gald you had a nice day off, after that horrid one you deserve it :-)

. . . Thanks for the comment. Hope your day goes good as well.

~Laura~

1:54 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Bird on a Wire said...
On my days off, I usually don't do a dang thing, and then I get depressed because I wasted a whole day.

. . . Yeah, I've had days like that too. But I usually try to get something done.

1:56 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
had a great time mom!

I had fun too. We should do things together more often, like we used to when you were small. I love you very much.

~Mom~

1:58 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Sheila,

Im so glad that you had a great day! Sometimes a day off is just the thing to make everything better. And there's nothing better than lunch with a best friend!

2:04 PM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Michelle's Spell . . .

Your so right. Discussing issues over lunch really helped me out that day.

4:40 PM, November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home