Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Did You Ever . . .



Did you ever have a day where you just felt like doing nothing. Today is that day for me. I don't know what it is. I didn't get up until about 11 a.m. this morning. I didn't even bother to make the bed. Dishes in the sink, laundry to be done and guess what? I ain't doing it. I had all kinds of plans on what to do on my day off of work, but I just have no motivation to do anything. I sat around in my p.j.s until around 3 p.m. Then I forced myself to get dressed and get out of the house. I decided to go to the gym and work out. That would surely get my juices flowing, NOT. I did my work out and I had planned to go in the pool to take a swim and then enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. However after the work out I took one look at the pool area and thought to myself, I don't feel like changing into my suit, I'll just go home. The ride home was dreary. Gray clouds filled the sky. Bumper to bumper traffic and I'm driving along just as tired as before my work out thinking about taking a nap. Shortly after getting home, my daughter came home exausted from taking care of the kids all day. I took her out for dinner, that was nice, but we were both too tired to really enjoy it. We came home, she went to Joey's and I waited for the ball game to start. My head is pounding, I feel achy all over and then, a rain delay. Now they say the game will start in about an hour. I just want to sleep. But I won't. I'll just sit here and suffer until they start the game. God, I hope we win tonight. I need something to lift my spirits.

5 Comments:

Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

I'm so tired mom. I'm at joeys, trying to work on my story for the competition thats coming up... but I'm so tired! He is playing video games and listening to really loud music waiting for the game to start but I just wish I could sleep for three days straight. ugh!!!

9:14 PM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila, I know how you feel!!! They finally decided to cancel tonight's game. I want to go to sleep, but Dad's in the bedroom with the T.V. blasting. I hate that bedroom T.V.

10:57 PM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I'm forced to watch sports in the basement, on the t.v. there. As for the rain delay, if there wasn't any lightening or thunder, they should've let them play in the downpour.

1:31 AM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Cheri said...

Ladies, let's trade, okay? You both come here and lay around all day and I'll work. Only stipulation- you get to have the after effects of the tonsillectomy. =D

I kid I kid, but really, I am so bored and I hate not working, it makes me feel lazy!

5:13 AM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I generally have MONTHS like that ...

1:49 PM, October 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home