Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankfulness

Today is the day before Thanksgiving. I will spend most of my day in the kitchen preparing for our family Thanksgiving feast. Making bread dough for the cloverleaf rolls. Preparing the pie crusts for all my pies. Making the Nut bread and my cream chese fruit tarts. Cutting up the celery and onions to put into the stuffing for the turkey. Making cranberry sauce, etc. and so forth.
During this time, I think of all the things I am thankful for this year and all the good things that God has blessed me with.
I am thankful for my faith and I pray for those who have lost theirs.
I am Thankful for the closeness of our family and I pray for those families that are separated by anger, death, or distance.
I am thankful for the roof over my head and I pray for those who are homeless.
I am thankful that my husband and I are both employed and I pray for all those who have lost their jobs this year.
I am thankful that my children and my grandchildren are in good health and I pray for all the children in the world who suffer with illness and disease.
I am thankful for good friends and I pray for those who feel alone with no one to turn to in times of trouble.
I am thankful for this bountiful Thanksgiving feast that I am preparing today and I pray for those less fortunate souls around the world who suffer from famine.
I am thankful to be alive and I pray for all the poor souls who have passed before me, that they find peace with God in Heaven.
Yes, as I prepare my family's Thanksgiving feast, I realise that I am truely blessed and I thank God for everything he has bestowed upon me.

Happy Thanksgiving to All.



15 Comments:

Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

happy thanksgiving mom

4:10 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I'll be celebrating in the Thumb area. Oh, and don't dry out the turkey.

1:40 AM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

Have a wonderful thanks giving :-)

4:15 AM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The food sounds great!

11:20 AM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Happy TG! Yum, yum!

12:10 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Pythia3 said...

What a beautiful tribute to this special day and to the preperation of the feast, the abundance and the gratitude you are about to share and celebrate with your loved ones.
They, and you, are truly blessed.
I have to admit, I feel a little lost not cooking this Thanksgiving. (the aroma traveling through my home as Santa comes to town with the parade!) My sister is preparing dinner for me and our family this year.
Your dinner sounds delicious!
Have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

12:13 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

Beautifully said.
Happy Thanksgiving!

9:30 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Tikilee said...

What a great post. Happy Thankgiving.

10:12 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints said...
Happy Thanksgiving. I'll be celebrating in the Thumb area. Oh, and don't dry out the turkey.

. . . The turkey is my husband's department. I fix everything else, but no one touches "his bird".

11:20 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila, Shadowfalcon, Michelle, and Erik,

. . . Thankyou, and A Happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well.

~Laura~

11:23 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Pythia3 said...
What a beautiful tribute to this special day and to the preperation of the feast, the abundance and the gratitude you are about to share and celebrate with your loved ones.

. . . Thank you for responding to my post and for all the lovely comments. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

~Laura~

11:24 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Tim said...
Beautifully said.
Happy Thanksgiving!

. . . Thanks, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

~Laura~

11:25 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Wichita-Lineman said...
What a great post. Happy Thankgiving.

. . . Thanks for the complement, Hope you have a great Thanksgiving day too.

11:26 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger Steven said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Steve~

11:42 AM, November 24, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Steven Novak said...
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

I hope you enjoyed it.


. . . Thank you Steven, it was a wonderful day.

~Laura~

11:39 PM, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home