Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Back !!!


Well, I'm back. It's been a tough week. I hate all those new antibiotics they have now. Just give me some penicillin and call it a day. The doc gave me some new antibiotic last week to get rid of this bronchitis stuff and guess what? I'm still weasing and my cough sounds like a St. Benard barking. At least I don't feel as weak as I did when this first started. I just wish I could get rid of the chest congestion. The picture was from this past Saturday. My twin granddaughter's had their christening, finally. Better late than never I guess. Their dresses were made by their Grandma Dianne who lives in Arizona now. The lace for the dresses came from Ireland. Grandma Dianne made satin hooded capes to go with the dresses. In the middle of the ceremony, Sheila leans over to me and says, "Mom look, they're wearing capes, they're superbabies!" I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. We had a wonderful time. It was a beautiful day. I'm greatful that I got to attend. I was kind of worried that due to the illness I would miss the event, but luckily, I was feeling somewhat better.

22 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. My wife swears that the viruses out there cause asthma symptons. So I asked her, can I get Lucy back? She said Labradoodle.

4:42 PM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

Welcome back Laura. Sorry you're not at 100% yet, but hang in there. Very nice picture!

9:03 PM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger Tikilee said...

Glad to hear you're up and about. Those gowns look nice, Grandma Dianne did a nice job. Tell Shelia she's not allowed to tell jokes in church.

11:38 PM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

we weren't in church it was at someones house and the priest dude came their.... so ha!

12:06 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

JR's Thumbprints said...
Glad to hear you're feeling better. My wife swears that the viruses out there cause asthma symptoms.

. . . I believe it. Everyone is asking me if I suffer with asthma, and I tell them I don't. However, the past week, it seems like I do.

1:01 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Tim said...
Welcome back Laura. Sorry you're not at 100% yet, but hang in there.

. . . Thanks for the well wishes. I just wish I could get rid of this awful cough thing I've got going on.

~Laura~

1:02 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Bird on a Wire said...

Glad to see you're doing better. Welcome back.

1:04 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Wichita-Lineman said...
Glad to hear you're up and about. Those gowns look nice, Grandma Dianne did a nice job.

. . . Yeah, Grandma Dianne made Cassidy's christening dress too. She also made all of my daughter-in-law's formal gowns when she went to the proms and stuff in high school. I sure wish I had her talent for sewing.

1:05 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
we weren't in church it was at someones house and the priest dude came their.... so ha!

. . . Sheila, Sheila, Sheila,
it was still during a religious ceremony. But that's o.k., I still love ya.

~Mom~

1:09 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Bird on a Wire said...
Glad to see you're doing better. Welcome back.

. . . Thanks for the kind words.

~Laura~

1:10 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger ShadowFalcon said...

I'm glad you better and managed to make it to the christening. Oh they both look adorable :-)

Superbabies - you'll have to come up with super powers for them

3:18 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Cheri said...

The dresses are beautiful! SUPERBABIES UNITE! *cue cheesey music*


=D

6:39 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Hey Laura, glad you're feeling better. Rough season for this stuff. Good health and cheers!

8:50 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Glad you're better! Cute picture.

9:15 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Shadowfalcon and Cheri

. . . The "Superbabies" did look beautiful didn't they? Thanks for the well wishes.

~Laura~

12:05 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Erik and Michelle,

. . . Thank you for the well wishes.

~Laura~

12:07 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Steven said...

Welcome back koddo. Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Steve~

12:09 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you Steven, It's good to be back.

~Laura~

12:48 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

I am totally putting a patton on the Superbabies. haha Sorry mom I guess I don't think before I blurt stuff out. Joey says he thinks it is cute and shows my innocence... and sometimes he just shakes his head and says "dumbass."

4:04 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Sheila said...
I am totally putting a patton on the Superbabies. haha Sorry mom I guess I don't think before I blurt stuff out. Joey says he thinks it is cute and shows my innocence... and sometimes he just shakes his head and says "dumbass."

. . . O.K. Dumbass - No I'm just kidding. I love your childlike innocents, don't ever change.

~Mom~

11:54 PM, November 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, Laura. That's a very nice picture of you, Sheila, and the "Superbabies!"

2:10 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

R's Musings

. . . Thanks, the twins did look beautiful didn't they?

~Laura~

3:35 PM, November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home