Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Game Two

Forty-one year old pitcher Kenny Rogers . . . What can I say? His post series pitching has surely been a sight to behold. Rogers is fired up, focused, and has fantastically pitched twenty-three consectutive no scoring innings against the Cardinals, the A's, and the Yankees so far. That is the fourth best of all time! And he might beat that if there is a game six and he pitches again. The look of raw determination on the face of Kenny Rogers when he possesses the mound is a thing of beauty. Thank the Lord for Kenny Rogers. The big question of the day . . . Why didn't they just let Rogers finish off the Cardinal's in the 9th? I was holding my breath when the relief pitcher had the bases loaded. Like they always say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'm looking forward to game three on Tuesday night. Go Tigers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Todd Jones has that tendency to make his teams sweat his relief chances, that's for sure.

12:07 AM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Here's to the 40-somethings. Yeah!

4:35 PM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Ditto Erik's comment!

Sadly, I must admit the last time I was this interested in baseball was 1984.

2:21 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger che said...

Go Detroit Go !

11:32 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

Detroit kicks ass! Hells yeah! haha. I agree that Rogers should have finished the game. I bet he could hadda one two three out and I wouldn't have had to bite off all my fingernails watching Jones blow it. He's very lucky infield has quick hands!

4:23 PM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home