Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Great Days


Great day today. Even though it started out kind of wet and raining. Got up this morning and went to the gym for a workout. That was good and it keeps me busy so I keep my mind off the cigarettes. (If you read my first blog entry, you know that I'm trying to quit) I'm down to 8 cigarettes a day and starting tomorrow, it will be only 7 a day. Anyways, after I got home from the gym, Sheila finally woke up and wanted to go to IHOP. So we went there and had a great breakfast in the middle of the day. Then we went shopping together and bought new clothes. I like spending the day with Sheila. We don't get to spend as much time together as we used to with our conflicting schedules so I'm really glad when we do get to spend time together, just us girls. We got home and Sheila got ready to go over to Joey's and I'm watching Michigan kick Iowa's butt. I also watched the end of the Michigan State game earlier today just in time to see them come back from 3 touchdowns behind and win their game. In a little while, the Tigers will be playing the 1st game of the World Series and I'll be focused on that. The day just couldn't of been much better than this. Have a great weekend everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Michigan's tax base is dwindling and we need as much revenue as possible, so why quit smoking? Everyone needs a vice; I certainly need mine (whiskey & water) which I haven't had in a long long time. As for IHOP, haven't been there in years.

10:45 AM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

O.k. jr. your suppose to be supportive!!!! Not encourage me to smoke more.

11:52 AM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Great shot and post! Good luck with quitting -- it's one of the hardest things a person can do, as far as kicking addictions. Ever tried Nico water? It's supposed to be water with a small charge of nicotine, completely harmless and you get water, too. Walgreen's was to carry it at one point.

Hope the Tigers have better luck in game two.

1:20 PM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Beautiful picture! And good luck with the cigarettes. I set my hair on fire trying to smoke once, which cured me of the desire!

9:14 PM, October 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home