Laura's Life Day by Day

These are the things that go on in Laura's life. Thoughts, emotions, concerns, and just day to day living in Laura's world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Roseville, Michigan, United States

I've been married for thirty years now. I have three grown children and five grandchildren, and another due in November. My boys are both married and my youngest, my only daughter still lives at home. I work at an assisted living place taking care of elderly residents.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Can't Sleep


O.K. I can't sleep. My day was very busy. I got up at 5:30 this morning to get ready and go to work. Worked hard all day. Stopped by AAA to pay my car insurance. Stopped at Walgreens, then the gas station before going home. Then I was thinking about taking a nap, but instead, I went to work out at the fitness center. I figured if I'm going to quit smoking, I might as well go all out and start working out again. (I know I'm going to feel it in the morning) after that, I came home, ate, did some laundry and the dishes, watched the Cardinals beat the Mets, then started trying to figure out stuff on this blog site. So, Why Am I Not Tired!!!!! I'm wide awake and I have to get up for work in the morning. I'm missing my Sheila too. She's not coming home tonight. I know she's all grown up and everything, but I just don't sleep well when she's not home. I was the same way when the boys lived at home before they got married, but with Sheila, a little bit more. She's the youngest and my only daughter. I read her blog tonight and I saw the picture she had posted of my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. It looked kind of dark and hard to see everybody, so I decided to go through my files and I found this photo that is sort of the same as Sheila's posted photo, but a little bit lighter. I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful family and such a beautiful daughter.

6 Comments:

Blogger ZZZZZZZ said...

Always have to one up me don't you? hehehe just kidding. Sorry you had trouble sleeping. I had a great time when I spent the night at Joe's house though. We went to Coney Island for dinner (where we had... breakfast...french toast) and then we went to the movies to see the Grudge 2 and came home and fell asleep watching another scary movie... Although I did wake up a couple times from nightmares but Joey squeezed me tight and kissed my forehead and I fell back asleep.

4:00 PM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

Hey, you cut Uncle Kenny out of the picture! Welcome to the blogosphere, you are no longer anonymous.

2:18 AM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

What a beautiful picture, Laura. You do have a gorgeous, wonderful daughter! Happpy to see your blog!

10:47 AM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

Hey Laura and everybody,

Good to see/read your new blog! Looks like a great family and I look forward to reading more. Fun to have two blogs from the same fam :->

11:10 AM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You need to do what I do when I can't sleep: watch C-Span for five minutes.

2:56 PM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you everybody for responding to my new blog.

6:43 PM, October 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home